People who want to immigrate to Canada and have specialised skills in any specific trade can apply for a Canada PR visa under the Federal Skilled Trades Worker Program of Canada Express Entry. The basic criteria to obtain this visa for Canada immigration is to have a valid job in hand and the ability to economically contribute skills & experience in a firm position after immigration to Canada.
To be able to apply for a Canada PR visa under FSTW visa program, it is mandatory that the occupant must hold skills and experience in any of the occupations belonging to the following categories.
As this category features occupations of moderate labour market requirement, a cap of 100 applications for each year is fixed for this category occupations:
1. 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations 2. 7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades 3. 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers 4. 7271 Carpenters 5. 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades 6. 7302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews 7. 8211 Supervisors, logging and forestry 8. 8221 Supervisors, mining and quarrying 9. 8222 Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling services 10. 8241 Logging machinery operators 11. 8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers 12. 9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing 13. 9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities 14. 9214 Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing 15. 9231 Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing 16. 9241 Power engineers and power systems operators 17. 9243 Water and waste treatment plant operators
This category consists of occupations that are high in demand for Canada immigration. For this reason, there is no cap fixed for this occupations category:
1. 7231 Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
2. 7233 Sheet metal workers
3. 7235 Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters
4. 7236 Ironworkers
5. 7237 Welders and related machine operators
6. 7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
7. 7242 Industrial electricians
8. 7243 Power system electricians
9. 7244 Electrical power line and cable workers
10. 7245 Telecommunications line and cable workers
11. 7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers
12. 7251 Plumbers
13. 7252 Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
14. 7253 Gas fitters
15. 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
16. 7312 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
17. 7313 Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
18. 7314 Railway carmen/women
19. 7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
20. 7318 Elevator constructors and mechanics
21. 7371 Crane operators
22. 7372 Drillers and blasters – surface, mining, quarrying and construction
23. 7373 Water well drillers
24. 8231 Underground production and development miners
25. 8232 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
26. 9232 Petroleum, gas and chemical process operator
On the whole, a total of 3000 applications are accepted each year for Canada Permanent Residency under this visa program.
1. Desire to work & reside anywhere in Canada except Quebec
2. Have min. 2 years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years (and in the nominated occupation)
3. Should have experience and ability to perform all the duties and tasks associated with the nominated occupation from the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
4. Fulfill English language requirement- CLB 5 for speaking & listening and CLB for reading & writing
5. Have a full-time employment offer valid for next one year or certification of qualification (issued by a provincial or territorial body) in the respective skilled trade.
We have a team of experts who can help you know whether you qualify for a Permanent Resident Visa for Canada under this program. Kindly drop us a message here and one of our Experts will get back to you for a Quick Assessment over a call.